Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Grilled Vegetable Garden Salad

Last week, I was trying to use up veggies in the fridge.
Leftover peppers, squash, romaine ...
Hubby had recently told me of a grilled vegetable salad that he had at a business lunch.
I thought that it sounded great,
so Google and I began the search.
We found a winner!


This Greek Marinade coated the veggies and chicken with herbs.
It was easy and could be made ahead.
We served ours cold on salad,
but I also thought that it would be good warm on brown rice,
or warm/cold in a wrap.

homemade rice bread croutons 
The greatest complement ...
hubby said it was BETTER than a restaurant salad.
I did not eat the original, but I did enjoy my homemade feast.

All Purpose Greek Marinade
1/3 c olive oil
Juice of two lemons / 1/3 c lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp thyme
1 Tbsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients together.
Marinade meat 30 min., vegetables 10-15 min.

Check out the salad recipe and how to turn the marinade into a yummy salad dressing.

I also made some pumpkin cheesecake muffins this week ... YUMMY!
Trying to decide what to make as birthday treat this week.
I think I am leaning toward pink lemonade cupcakes!





No comments:

Post a Comment