Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Proper Worship

Psalm 89:7
God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints,
and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.

This Psalm is going through my head today as I work on a church website.  Of course, while working on a website, I am focusing on what makes my church special or unique.  Why did I choose Manna Baptist above all of the other churches available here in the Bible belt?  Church should be different than any other activity.  It is a place to worship.  The word "worship" has so many connotations today.  Worship is ascribing value to God.  How do I do this except to show honor, fear, and reverence before the God who holds my life and future in His hands.  Church is not a game, not a show, and not another social club. 

No comments:

Post a Comment