Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Strength to do the Work!

I am reading in Jeremiah this week.  I was reminded while reading chapter 1 that God gives us the power, the strength, the words, the abilities to do what He has asked us to do.  Jeremiah had an excuse - he said that he could not speak, but God had an answer for him.

...Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

I too often want to give God excuses: too busy ... too tired ... not my thing ... I am not a people person ... why don't you use "so-and-so."  I am continually amazed that God uses us in His service.  I am also amazed at the way He equips us to do things that we feel inept at doing.  I am slow at learning that it is not about me ... it is only about Him.  The more He pulls me from my comfort zone, the more I learn to rely on Him.

I am thankful for the resource of His strength that is available to me. 
I am thankful that He uses me in spite of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment