Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

At Home While at Home

I am sure that you have had someone right next to you ask you, "Where are you?"  Perhaps you are in another location mentality.  Perhaps you are dwelling on a problem.  You could be ANYWHERE! 

Hubby preached from Titus 2 on Sunday night.  I am always struck by the gravity of the commands given to the women.  I am equally impressed that while I can appear to meet the goals outwardly, it is possible to be far from those goals.  For example:  "keeper at home."  I stay home ... check!  Not so fast, Sandra.  I may be physically in the home, but is my heart and are my actions bent toward guarding my home from poor influences or am I checked out and just going through the motions.  Am I drawn in by the computer, by idle phone conversation, by anything that is secondary to the health of my home.

I want to renew my desire to be at home while at home.  Today, I need to make some bulletin  boards for church and get them laminated before the school goes on Summer break ...  I need to make some dessert ... black bean brownies, or a pumpkin or apple pie ...  I need to plan a menu for the week along with a shopping list for tomorrow.  I need to make the most of my time TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment