Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

You Can't Avoid the Difficult Days

We all have them,
those days that stand out as the most difficult of days.

I remember one in August of 1993.
My parents had taken me to the college of my choice.
I had been accepted sight unseen.
There I stood - a graduate of a class of 6 - 
joining a class of more than 1000!
When I had to say goodbye,
I turned,
the loneliness and fear overwhelmed,
but I mustered every ounce of strength I had with God's help
and did what God wanted me to do!
In the tough time, there was also excitement.
I made it through 4 years and even stayed longer to teach.

Then in August of 2004.
There I stood in a new state - 
a whole nation away from friends and family.
I stood on a pier and stared at CVN 72 pulling away for 5-7 months.
There was that low whistle - 
I was lonely,
I was scared,
and I threw myselft on God's mercy.
Through 4 years and 3 deployments, He was faithful.
He provided a family to meet my needs and gave me unique opportunities in the long months.

And now December 2017...
we once more stand in an undesired position.
Lonely, scared, and grieving
but relying on God's grace and help
and excited at what he might choose to do to show himself strong.

The details cannot be shared,
but I can beg you to pray for us today.
Pray for wisdom, strength, and grace if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment