Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2019

A No Brainer

On this Thankful Thursday,
it is not hard to choose something to be thankful.
I am thankful for America.
I am thankful for the freedoms that we still enjoy.
I am thankful that the founders could foresee many potential problems
and would seek to circumvent future difficulties.
I am thankful for the vast land and the variety of people in it.
I am thankful for the opportunity that I have had to spend time in many different parts of it.


I am thankful that there are still men and women who are sacrificing to maintain that freedom.
I am thankful for the families at home who are sacrificing time with their family
to help sustain the freedoms that I enjoy.


I am also thankful for the freedom that a relationship with Christ provides.
This nation is becoming a darker and darker place.
So many people are in bondage to sin,
in bondage to themselves,
in bondage.
Many even wear the chains on the outside
that match those on the inside.
I am glad that Christ has set me free from the power of sin.
No, I am not perfect,
but if I rely on His power,
I do not have to yield to the bondage of that sin.

I am thankful for extra time to spend with family today.
On that note,
the day began with a workout:
30 minutes of kickboxing and tabata, then 20 minutes of stretching.
Then a nice leisurely time of Bible study in the back yard without time restrictions of rushing to work.
A pleasant picnic-y lunch.
And then, a walk around our new town.
A walk of some 6 miles.
Don't worry, it was not without rewards.


At about mile 5,
a non-dairy "milk" shake.
Not just that, but fresh raspberry!

Wow!



No comments:

Post a Comment