Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2024

In Its Place

 AH!  The shelf is done.
Hubby was gone all day Thursday and Friday,
so I put my finishing skills to use.


This time, I tried a paint wash.
I used equal parts elephant gray chalk paint and water.
I brushed it on, let it soak a minute, then wiped it off.
Almost goof-proof, because you just wipe off any mistakes!
The other benefit is that you can still see the wood grain.


After "staining," I wiped it down with a dark paste wax.

Today, hubby added some metal hardware and put it in place.

It is not "styled" yet - but I will be experimenting for a bit to come up with something useable and decorative.
I also look forward to having a space for my nativity come Christmas!

Now it is off to finish prepping for the bus ministry class tomorrow.
The usual teacher is away, so I have a little more to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment