Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Teaching Giving and Friendliness

 It is hard in the days of wickedness that we live in.
It must be fearful to be a parent in this day and age.
Who can be trusted?
How can you teach friendliness to your children while also teaching about strangers?


My tablet and its happy face is an example of a momma who was/is doing a good job.
I was visiting a local Walmart one early Saturday morning.
As I sat on a bench waiting for hubby to finish some business,
I saw a little boy giving a sticker to someone he met while leaving the store.
It made me smile.
Then I smiled even more as he said to his momma, "I want to give that lady a sticker."  (ME!)
His momma looked a little concerned not wanting to bother me,
but I said "hi" and asked him what he had.
Maybe he received a sheet of stickers from the greeter, or maybe he had picked stickers out in the store.
I asked if he wanted to put it on my shirt.  He didn't.
On my jacket.  He didn't.
He wanted to put it on the back of my hand - my wrist actually.

It was such a simple act, but made my day.
When I got back to the car, I put my sticker on my tablet -
a reminder to be kind and giving to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment