Pages

Friday, March 22, 2024

Habit Stacking

 I have read or listened to quite a few books on Habits.
A disciplined life that accomplishes what needs to be done relies on habits.
Many of these books include the idea of habit stacking.
Link habits together to make new habits.

One habit that I work on is water drinking.
Common thought says that you drink half of your weight in ounces of water.
That's a lot of water for some of us!

I found that I could get through the morning with hardly a sip and then had to drink a lot before bed - 
not a great idea!
So, I needed a way to get started first thing in the morning.

In comes habit stacking.


My personal Bible study is typically between 6-7 in the morning.
That is a habit that is regular and reliable.
Perfect - lets get 24 oz down before breakfast.
So I habit stack.
Typically I read at least 4 chapters in the Bible.
After every chapter, I take 10-12 sips.
By the time I close in prayer, my first cup (24 oz)  is done.
If all else fails, I have started well.

Water is crucial in your diet - 
yes, other fluids can hydrate, but none are as great as water.
It keeps the digestive tract moving,
it cleans the kidneys,
it keeps the brain clear,
it keeps your joints moving clearly,
it helps control blood pressure,
it helps carry nutrition and oxygen in the body,
it helps in body temperature regulation.


No comments:

Post a Comment