Pages

Friday, December 22, 2023

My Favorite Gifts

 Many years ago, hubby and I stopped exchanging large physical gifts.
This is a bit hard for my hubby whose love language is physical gifts,
but I can only wear so much jewelry, right?
In their place, we gift EXPERIENCES!
We make memories together and they are my favorite gifts.

When we lived in Seattle, we attended the Messiah 3 times for Christmas.
In North Carolina, we were not able to see the Charlotte Symphony because they often performed on Wednesday nights, but we did see it once at Bob Jones University.
We made it to one performance of the Messiah by the Portland Symphony before Covid took outings like that away.
Last year, life just got away from us and the tickets were sold out before we got to them.
But this year ...
we got on it early.


We heard the Nashville Symphony this year.
Hubby bought the tickets and bought me a new dress
and we greatly enjoyed a trip into the city (our first to downtown Nashville since moving).
We also shared the night with 2 families from church.
The music of the Messiah is magnificent,
but the text ... pure Scripture praising our Savior whom we celebrate this season.

Hubby has also spent many evenings this year trying to find Christmas lights in town with me.
Downtown B.G. is lit up and tonight we will look around some neighborhoods for some more displays.


So it looks like some folks try to visit as many National Parks as possible,
and maybe I am trying to hear the Messiah at as many different cities as possible.
Maybe next year, we will try the Louisville Symphony :)

We are trying one more experince gift tomorrow.
Stay tuned ... I don't know when I will post about it,
but I will share ... I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment