Pages

Friday, December 22, 2023

Fun Discoveries

 The past 3 months have had a lot more travel for us than usual.
About half of the time, I was traveling by myself,
but hubby made about half of the trips with me.

On one of our last trips,
we were going to need to stop for dinner.
While many people wouldn't think twice about that,
with an allergy or two, it is not as easy as stopping at any Mcdonald's.
With a lot of travel, we have also tried to limit the stops to Chick-fil-A.
So on the last trip,
hubby asked me to look around a certain exit for a gluten-free pizza place.

Well, I looked and ran across something that I knew hubby would like even better.

The restaurant was called CoreLife Eatery.
It specialized in healthy eating and balanced nutrition.
Each dish had veggies and protein and grains.
There were probiotics and prebiotics.
The dressings were hand made.

So we stopped.
It was delicious.
I revamped an Asian-inspired Sesame Ginger Tofu bowl by switching the tofu to chicken.
Hubby had a bowl that had kimchi, cabbage, and Korean Chicken.
...and we splurged for special drinks.
I LOVED the Vanilla Cinnamon Apple Fig drink that tasted like apple pie in a glass.
Hubby tried a beet lemonade that was also very good AND beautiful.

See the beets, broccoli, kale, carrots

look at that beautiful beet lemonade

So ... if you are traveling or happen to live in a town with one of these establishments ...
give it a try.  (Yes, Vestal and Indy both have one!)
I recommend ordering online so that you can see all of the options for changes and substitutions ...
and definitely try the Vanilla Apple Fig drink!

2 comments:

  1. Carl and I enjoyed going to the one is Vestal this past summer! I think I visited one in PA with a friend from camp as well! Good eats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely wish we had found one earlier. Can't wait for one to arrive in B.G.

      Delete