Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Generosity and Tough Love

I am thankful today for the generosity of a friend.  A gardener friend of ours gave us a bag of beautiful sweet peppers last night.  When I calculate their worth based on the grocery store price, it was a very generous gift.  We enjoyed a beautiful batch of stuffed peppers for lunch (and there are leftovers too) and will use the remainder for some shish-kabobs very soon. 

Tough love?  Yes, recently I had to ask hubby to have tough love with me.  Hubby gets up very early to have his quiet time before heading off to school.  He usually lets me sleep, but I asked him to ensure that I get up with him rather than rolling over until it is time to make breakfast.  I am thankful for his help where I lack discipline.  It has been a very good week because I have started my day with the Lord and not allowed the day to "squeeze" out what is most important.  Family is often the most compassionate to our "needs" or desires - if you are having trouble, why not ask them for help?  Why should you have to ask?  They may want to help, but may not want to hurt your feelings or to incur some strange wrath from the one they love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment