Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pain in the Neck

I was torn on the title of this post.  My second choice was "In sickness and in health."

Today I am creeping around the house because I have injured my neck.  After having a sore neck since last Wednesday (I assumed from sleeping on it wrong), I pulled something (sprained or strained it) yesterday around 2:00 and haven't been able to get around very well since.  It will be a very LONG day. 

Why my second choice title?  Because I have a husband who cares for me immensely.  He came home to a half cleaned house, a bed piled with laundry, and a wife who couldn't move ... in the process he was battling the flu himself.  He did not complain, but sweetly took care of the things that were pressing.  I am thankful that he stands by his vows. 

I am so thankful for our wise creator.  I usually take my body for granted.  I have come to realize that those small little neck muscles are used CONTINUALLY throughout the day.  I am also thankful that He can heal the body that He made and look forward to more agile movement soon, I pray.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, I get that, too. When I was running regularly, my neck and back hardly ever bothered me, but with my resting from running, in has more creaks than I have been used to.

    ReplyDelete