Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Encouragers


Today, I am thinking about and thanking God for those who encourage me.
I am sure that many do not even realize that they are doing so. 

Each one has a different way of encouraging. 

Some encourage by their faithfulness. 
You know,
those faces that are always in the parking lot
on Saturday morning for visitation without complaint. 
Nothing deters them and they are an encouragement to me. 

Some encourage by their desire to do right. 
These are those who are not easily swayed to rebellion ...
they may see the hypocrisy or even the ridiculousness,
but they know the rules, they know what is expected, and they do it.  

Others encourage silently ...
there is never a crisis with them ...
the focus is not them, their service, their sacrifice, or their difficulty ...
they see a need and without fanfare or stress, they meet it. 

There are still others who give ...
these drop a note in the mail or share the perfect, useful oddity. 

Perhaps these encouragers are on my mind today because one arose this week
and is taking hubby and me for dinner tonight ... a little rest for a busy month.

Inspires me to be the encourager this week in some one's life.
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment