Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Wisdom From Above

2012 was a year of great change for us.
Hubby was back to working full-time.
We changed our diet in a dramatic way.
We were back to being a 2 vehicle family.

On this last Thankful Thursday of the year,
I am so thankful that God led us to the diet change.
Such a relatively small change that gave big results.
Last year at this time, I was battling great depression and had been for a number of years.
The depression was not only debilitating physically,
but it was not a help to my spiritual life either.
Why?
Christians are not supposed to be down.
We have the Lord, and he is ALL that we need.
And yet, I seemed to always be struggling.
Was my faith lacking?

While many people turn to a gluten free diet for relief from tummy troubles,
the diet helped to regulate some hormones that gave me emotional relief.
It has been a much better year.
All praise to our God who made our bodies so intricately!
I am still learning so much about natural ways to help my body run the way that it should.

I am also thankful for family on both sides that have embraced our changes -
learning to read labels, spending extra for specialty foods, sending recipes my way,
and buying us an awesome grain mill.

I am also thankful that he sent us local friends this year who also understand and live by the diet.
What a thrill to have gluten-free chicken noodle soup brought to my door when I was sick!

I am thankful that God knows our needs,
that His wisdom is vast, immeasurable.





No comments:

Post a Comment