Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

No Longer a Dinosaur

I am a bit excited today.
Today may be the day that I switch over to wireless Internet.
My wireless hot spot is supposed to arrive today!
If you have read this blog for long, you know that I have been
searching,
researching,
and saving pennies
in order to leave my dial-up service behind.
AT&T has been laughing at me for years because I am still using dial-up.
One representative actually called me a dinosaur!
My dilemma: try to bring in home phone and wireless under $50.

My dad recently made the switch from dial-up and it was a great deal,
but still under a contract.
We were not comfortable with a contract since
we want to be ready to move when God says "GO!"
and His plan may involve being without steady employment or income.
But my dad's switch made us pursue some different avenues in our search.

And ...
it is now possible.

Wally World has a wireless home telephone service for just $15 a month -
unlimited local and long distance.
That is half of what I am paying now for just local!

And then the exciting part ...
Wireless for $25 a month.
Of course there are limits on usage,
but we don't download music or video,
so we are hoping to keep it in the $40 a month price.

WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment