Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Get Out Your Tool Belt

Proverbs 14:1 
Every wise woman buildeth her house: 
but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

I do not belittle or slight the influence of a father,
but I also emphasize the influence of a mother - for good or evil.
Typically a mother has the most influence over the children in a home.
Many mothers want to abdicate their responsibilities to the father.
It is easier to take "the path of least resistance."
Yes, the ultimate responsibility belongs to the father,
but the father should help and encourage the mother to take her role of authority in the home.
A wise woman will build her house.

Think of the kings of Israel..
Good sons from good fathers,
good sons from evil fathers,
evil sons from good fathers,
and evil sons from evil fathers.
Why such disparity?
The link seems to be a steadfast principle- 
Good sons from good mothers
and evil sons from evil mothers.

How will I build my house? 
What tools are in my tool belt?
my personal relationship with God
the way I keep my home
the atmosphere I foster
my disposition in trials or in peace
my priorities
the meals I prepare
the way I train my children or those in my care

Pluck it down?
ignore time with God in His Word and prayer
avoid teaching character
choose the path of least resistance
let bad habits continue (in my loved ones and myself)
model bad health decisions



No comments:

Post a Comment