Pages

Monday, June 4, 2018

Not a Recipe


Typically, I post a recipe on Monday,
but I have not been using many new recipes recently.
We have been using the "tried and true."
But as I thought of recipes to share,
I thought of how I really am not a phenomenal cook.
I usually put my heart into it,
but it will never be Culinary Institute of America good ...
it won't be the "good" of the seasoned mom in the church who needs no recipe...
but daily, I feel like I am a great cook ...
Why?
Because I have a husband who encourages me.
He loves food, particularly healthy food.
Though the food may not always be what our taste buds would gravitate to,
he praises the health value,
the time researching,
the extra time to prepare minimally processed food.

Encouraging words can lift folks up.
Encouraging words can change the outlook of a day.

I was recently thinking of this as I thought of changes in life that a friend is facing.
She is in a rough time ...
changes,
some loneliness,
finding new expectations;
and she needs encouragement.

Is there someone in your home who needs encouragement?
Is there a friend who needs encouragement?
Maybe you will look around Walmart and encourage a stranger.

It doesn't take money,
just a little time and effort to see the need and to meet the need.




No comments:

Post a Comment