Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

"I Think I'll Move to Australia"

Everybody has one of those days ...
you know, like Alexander ...
 the little kid with the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Yes, I had one of those days last Tuesday.
Last Tuesday, I was on cloud 9.
I had ordered my new lawn mower.
My grass was begging to be cut.
I received word that UPS had delivered my mower.
I ran to the door, swung it open, and ...
no mower at the door.

My stomach sank.
Upon a very short research,
I realized that my recent Amazon order
which included my mower, a bed frame, a mattress, and new sheets
were all directed to our former home in North Carolina.
The mower had indeed been delivered,
but to someone else's home.

While this was going on,
I was working on cleaning a bathroom,
and suddenly I was without water.
Huh?
It appears that when I had arranged utilities,
I managed to forget the water.
It was closing time for the water department,
so I would have to wait until morning,
and then I would have to wait another day for reconnection!

It was a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day!

But in the midst of it all,
God provided and met our needs.
There are so many reasons to be THANKFUL!
My former neighbors graciously retrieved the mower.
Our dear friend/daughter/sister graciously took it to UPS for return.
We were able to stop all of the other deliveries and reorder or redirect each item.
We were able to use water from the hot water tank to flush the commodes over night.
I was able to contact the water department first thing in the morning.
The water department had the water on by 9:30 in the morning (and not the next day)!

So, I think, for now, that I will just stick with the move to Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment