Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

The Heart of the Home

I actually feel like I am getting some heart back.
It seems like months (and maybe it has been) since I have REALLY done my job.
You know, the homemaker job.

I have been busy,
but it has been in packing, cleaning, cleaning, unpacking, painting.
Yesterday, I finally got some "fun" baking done.
I made hubby an apple pie on a cool rainy day.
There have also been pumpkin muffins and blueberry muffins this week.

I feel like I am getting back to myself.

There are still some "settling" jobs left,
but they are dwindling and that feels good.

And now our tour continues ...
the dining room and kitchen.

The space is much larger and has more storage than any place we have lived.
I do miss being part of the "action" while I am in the kitchen and others are in the living room,
There are always trade-offs.

I think this is the first actual dining room that we have had.
It has always been a corner of the living room or a corner of the kitchen.
This one is a dedicated space.
The short door in the corner is additional storage
currently holding vacuum, tray tables, and folding chairs.
The "odd" seat at the end of the table is also my file cabinet.

view from living room

View from stairs into the kitchen.

A little spoiled with all of the cabinets and a large window!
All the food fits in the pantry to the left of the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment