Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Filled to Overflowing

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Colossians 3:16

 What is filling you?

In so asking, I also ask ... what is flowing out of you?

This week, we have heard much about politics.

It has been an unusual week.

But the question is: Are you filled and overflowing with Scripture?
I was challenged to look at a thanksgiving passage each day this month.
The first verse on the list included this verse.

And I thought, what is filling me?
A life saturated with the Word will spill over into the lives of others.
What is spilling?
Is it profitable?
Nothing is more profitable than God's Word!

As I thought about this, I prepared for church with a specific verse on my tongue.

Habakkuk 2:20
But the LORD is in his holy temple:
let all the earth keep silence before him.  

I want my words to be God's Words and to overflow with life for others.

Are you ready for church tomorrow or for work this week?
Are you saturated with the news?
a book?
a movie?
or with the life-giving Word?

The choice I want is obvious,
but it will take discipline and focus.
But oh, it is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment