Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Clean It Up

Back to Woman's Work Wednesday ... 

Part of our responsibilities of my MIL's estate
was to prepare her "home" to be donated.
We rented a steam cleaner to clean the carpets
and while we had the cleaner, I asked hubby to spot clean a few stains in our home.
The spots he cleaned showed us just how dirty the carpets were.
The carpet throughout the whole house really needed doing.
We are not sure that the cleaners before we moved in put a lot of effort into the process.

Some simple math led me to believe that I could buy a small machine
to clean my carpets and then I could sell it for half the price when we move
and make out better than renting one again.
I could take my time and I could do it more than once.

So last week I began the process.
I finished 2 rooms (the living room and bonus room).
Monday, I finished the dining room.
Yesterday, I completed the guest room.
Now I just have the Master Bedroom for next week.
I will probably repeat the process upon completion,
because I was actually still not getting clean rinse water after completing the first round.

I love the feeling of "knowing" that my house is really clean.
It is more than just the superficial.
It is a "breath easier" feeling.

What are you working on specifically this week?

Do you have a goal project?

I have also been working on running again.
It is actually going fairly well. 
I am no longer timing myself per se.
I am not trying to do a 10-minute mile.
I am interval running 2-3 times a week.
I have read that interval exercise is actually better than steady running.
It keeps the heart working and recovering over and over again.
I run for 2 minutes, I walk for 2 minutes, and I repeat it 6-8 times.
You know what?
it is getting more enjoyable (most days).
And some days, I actually move fast enough that hubby can get some cardio value from it.
All part of that effort to take care of my health.
And this time of year, who can't enjoy the fall leaves, the cooler temperatures, and the fall decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment