Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

He Knows

Psalm 139:4-6

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.


This year has been full of twists, turns, surprises.
Some events have been pleasant.
Some events have been unwelcome.
There are years that string together in difficulty.
There are other years of great ease and enjoyment.

Our service in Oregon began as an unknown.
How long?
How would it end?
What would be required?

That chapter is coming to a close.
The Author of that chapter knew how long.
He knew the end.
He knew what would be required.

He knew what I needed to learn in the past 3 years.
He knew of skills I needed to practice.
He knew relationships that could be healed.
He knew of people I could help.
He knew the people that would change me.
He knew my reactions, both good and bad.

The move to Oregon came with excitement and questions,
but it was all known to our loving God.

And now we face another "Adventure."
Our primary "mission" was completed in August.
In every move in the past, our destination was dictated ...
by job to Washington,
by pursuit of education to North Carolina,
by family duty to Oregon.

But now ...
a wide-open country.
Where is the next place of service
There is now the innate desire to fret, to worry, to doubt
when God wants me to trust, to have faith, to walk by faith.
He knows.
He knows the timing.
He knows the desires of my heart.
He knows the needs of my life.

Perhaps there are pressures and unknowns around you today.
Remember that He knows.
He is before you.
He knows your concerns.
Leave the cares with Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment