Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Planned By the Weather

 There are times when my work is dictated by the weather.
High temps and higher heat indices help me decide what I should do this week.


This time of year, much of my work needs to be done before 9 in the morning.
Today was no exception.
I did get my second run of the week in at 6.
From there, the lawn needed watering.
I needed a batch of muffins for hubby's snacks.
And there was a little weeding in the last adjoining lot 
(if I get rid of the weeds before they lay sod, perhaps they won't encroach on my lawn as much).

Then, it was wise to stay in (except for a trek to the mailbox).

So this week is a good time to organize closets,
to go through drawers and files,
to do the little jobs that take time and are less inviting - 
but it is the perfect week because the temps outside are not inviting at all.

And this heat makes me more thankful for the coming of fall.
Next weeks temps in the 80s look so inviting!

No comments:

Post a Comment