Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Provision of Protection

 As I went about my work today on this Thankful Thursday,
I couldn't help but be thankful for God's provision.

He has always provided.
But today, I was thankful for the blessing of an energy-efficient home.
I was thankful for a/c in my car.

When we married, our first 2 apartments did not have a/c.
Our next 2 trailers had poor insulation and even weaker a/c units.
Our next rental rarely needed a/c but when we did, it too was weak and not up to the challenge.

This week, I am thankful for a cool home.
I have been able to leave the a/c off until about 2 pm when it reaches 80 inside
and then it responds quickly to cool the home.
I am thankful that it cools well so that sleep comes easy.

I am also thankful for cool meals.
Hubby and I have committed to eating a green salad each weekday for lunch (unless we have leftovers) for a little while.
They are healthy, easy, and don't heat the house.
They also make my meal planning and shopping easier,
Tonight we also had a salad -


Don't knock it till you try it!
And it provided enough for tomorrow's lunch as well - 
That's a win in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment