Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Thankful Thursday: There is Always Something to Be Thankful For

 Do you look for the good,
or just dwell on the bad?

There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.


I do not have a ministry with children as much as I would like,
but this week, I did get to teach in children's church!
I am thankful for the times when I get to pour something into the lives of others,
perhaps to support a parent who needs backup,
perhaps to introduce a bus kid to love and structure in balance.

I am also thankful for the differences that make us stronger.
I am thankful that not everyone is like me.
This is most often seen in a home.
The difference can drive us crazy,
or they can show us how each person contributes in a unique way.

I am thankful that hubby has different strengths and abilities than I do.
We can balance each other.
I am not the most organized (or neat) by nature,
but to serve hubby, I try to be a little more so.
He is by nature an all-or-nothing type of personality.
While this gets things done quickly and efficiently,
sometimes our health, or time, requires a more moderate approach,
and I can balance that with him.
Hubby gets things done as soon as they are on the to-do list.
Often this is a GREAT skill because unfinished tasks do not pile up.
But sometimes things need to be thought about for just a little while longer
and I can balance in that area.
You can see where our differences could drive the other crazy (and sometimes may)!

Perhaps you are having an interpersonal struggle.
On this thankful Thursday,
why not try seeing the good in the other person?
Why not look for the the way that person helps you, balances you?
And then why not tell them the good that you see?

Footnote:  Hubby and I are not in the middle of a struggle 😊
We are enjoying this season of life and hopefully using our strengths to help each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment