Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2023

When the Duds Have a Date

I am a homebody!
Truly there is no place that I would rather be.
My home is a sanctuary to me.

Because I love home so much,
we often have dates at home.
That could possibly give me the title of "a dud."
But home dates save money,
I get to bed on time,
and all of the food is gluten-free!

When we do go out on a Saturday,
we are usually home before dark to rest and to relax at home.

BUT...
On Wednesday or Thursday,
I heard that the builders of our home were sponsoring a "Symphony Stroll" in a "neighboring" town on Friday night.
(The town was about an hour and 15 minutes away.) 
The Owensboro, KY Symphony would have a few small symphonic groups performing down on the river's edge.
I asked hubby if we could go.
It might be great, it might be a bust.
He said "YES!"


We went and we were so glad that we did.
The riverfront park was simply beautiful,
we enjoyed walking along the river,
and we listened to beautiful music as the sun set and the moon rose.


It was a clear night, with a full moon
and the bridge would change colors.
An epic success!

2 comments:

  1. Forget the music! Did you get to Moonlight Barbeque while you were up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bbq! Maybe another time. Definitely a little city we want to explore again.

      Delete