Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

What Does Your Floor Say About Your Diet?

 As I clean on Monday and throughout the week,
I can't help but marvel at how quickly the kitchen floor gets dirty.
It seems that it is always in need of a good sweep.

On Monday, while on my hands and knees,
I looked closely.
My floor says a lot about what we have been eating.


This little snapshot shows a piece of kale, a red onion paper, and a pepper seed.
Often there might also be rice, quinoa, or a stray pistachio or cashew.

The job seems endless,
but as I tidy the floor AGAIN,
I am thankful for the good food that God provides and the energy and strength it gives.

2 comments:

  1. My kitchen floor normally doesn't have a scrap of food. But rather dirty foot prints and dog hair; certainly not what I've been eating,😂 but still a reminder of things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remind me not to eat at your house! Sometimes I have my own hair ... When I haven't swept in a few days and it drifts from the living room.

      Delete