Pages

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Are You Ready?

 We don't get an abundance of visitors.
We live outside of the "easy" drive for church friends.
Family gatherings are few and far between.
But I want to feel like my guest room and guest bathroom are ready if someone were to drop in.

This post will not apply to many readers because either
1) you have guests often
or 
2) all of your bathrooms and bedrooms are used regularly

But there may be a few folks who can benefit from this tip.

Keeping the guestroom ready just involves freshening the bedding once a quarter if it has not been used.
For the guest bath, I "rotate" the towels.
My home has a neutral grey tone throughout.
I have chosen to accent with sage and denim blue in all rooms.
So I have 3 sets of towels:
blue, sage, and a deeper sage.


Each Monday when I clean,
I take the towels from the master bath and throw them in the wash.
Then I take the towels from the guest bath (if I have had no company) and put them in the master bath.
Then I take the third set of clean towels and put them in the guest bath.
So weekly, I have freshened the towels for guests.

When I first began homemaking, I would not have been able to do this - 
I had themed bathrooms.
They were so fun and I enjoyed them immensely.
Who doesn't like little fish or rubber duckies?
But I do like the simplicity of being able to use any towel in any bathroom
and even being able to hang them in any bedroom because the colors all coordinate.

Today was one of those longer project days.
Hubby was not going to be home for lunch,
so I could make a mess.
One of my jobs was to clean the "rust" off the lights in the bathroom.
We couldn't believe that there were rust stains already, but ...
...I found this little product and it worked great.




Another job was to get rid of Valentine's and Winter's decor in favor of the Spring decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment