Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Benefits of the World Wide Web

Since completely changing our eating habits, the "web" has become a great help to me.  I just caught a link to the Frugal Farm Wife and am very excited about the help that this may be to our budget.  The Frugal Farm Wife suggested grinding your own rice flour - of course you have to have a grinder, but what an easy way to save!  She also had ideas for a Gluten Free Cake Mix (These are great for making jello cakes).  I haven't used any of the recipes yet, but I sure will be soon!  Here is her idea for budget-friendly tuna salad.

Mock Tuna Salad

2 c cooked chickpeas (garbanzo)
2 T mayo
1 tsp mustard
1-2 celery stalks, finely chopped
Tony's Creole seasoning to taste.

Blend or Mash chickpeas and then mix with remaining ingredients.
I think that I will add in one can of tuna so it becomes a dollar stretcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment