Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Strange or Wise

Proverbs 7:11
She is loud and stubborn;
her feet abide not in her house:
 
This verse has encouraged me to do right MANY times.
Once again, Solomon shows us how to act by describing the strange woman.
Her traits: loud, stubborn, and displaced.
She does not have the meek and quiet spirit described in I Peter 3.
She is not the helpmeet God desired in Genesis 2 or
the submitted wife of Colossians 3 or Ephesians 5
because she stubbornly desires her own way.
And she is not the "keeper at home" described in Titus 2,
for she is to often "out and about."
 
I am not by nature a loud person, but I do wrestle with stubbornness. 
My flesh "always" knows best.
It is not an attractive quality and is not a blessing in my home.
When I read about this evil woman to be avoided,
it reminds me to be submissive to God and hubby.
 
Then there are days when I am "tired" of housework,
when the house is too quiet,
when I just want an adventure ...
again, I am reminded of the woman in the streets.
She is only causing trouble because she is not where she should be.
Suddenly, my place looks better and I am reminded to submit to God's plan for my life.
 
Quiet ...
Submissive ...
Working at home ...
 
Following God's plan, not the plan of the world or my flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment