Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wisdom Personified

Proverbs 3:13a,17-18
 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,  ...
Her ways are ways of pleasantness,
and all her paths are peace.
She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her:
and happy is every one that retaineth her.

As I mentioned last week,
as I read through Proverbs this year I am looking specifically for mention of women -
their character, their influences, their commendation, their judgement.

This week, I was reintroduced to "Wisdom" -
which is personified as a woman throughout the book.
Her traits grabbed me ...
PLEASANT,
PEACEFUL,
SPREADING LIFE AND JOY.

How many times have you been sapped of strength in the presence of another woman.
Perhaps her stress level,
her bitterness,
her worry,
her struggles.
When she laid her life before you or you simply watched from the side,
 it became a great weight to you.
This woman (perhaps you or I) was not wise.

My goal:
a pleasant countenance (even while in thought)
which makes me approachable and comfortable to speak to ...
a peaceful manner (even in times of stress)
which shows where my true strength lies and again makes me available to others ...
and the ability to send others away with renewed energy and joy
when we have spent time together.
Goals with those around me ... whether family, friends, or strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment