Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Just Leave the Excuses

"And she said, 'I will go.'"  Genesis 24:58

You have heard the parental phrase before ...
"Slow obedience is no obedience."

I have thought much about it.
How often do I drag my feet at following God's will and plan?

I would NEVER say "no" to God, right?
Of course, I wish it were so,
but in my own way I have many times.
I have said "no" by saying, "not now" or "it's not a good time."

Have you done it?
Have you known God's will but thought your timing was better?
God, can you change the circumstances?
God can you wait until ...?
God can you make it just as clear to everyone else?
" ____ is going on right now, it's not a good time."

Yes, there it is written in black and white.
It is easy to make excuses.

And here is the hero without excuses ...
Abraham's servant heads to the homeland to find a wife for Isaac.
He prays for clear direction.
God answers clearly and specifically.
The servant finds Rebekah and explains God's working to her and her family.
God's will is clear.
And then he plans to leave the next day with Isaac's bride.

Can you hear the excuses Rebekah could have given?
What about my family?
I haven't planned?
Can I just have another week?
What about ...?
I'm not quite ready.

But there are no excuses.
There is not even a record of a pause.
The hand of God was clear and her answer just as direct ...
"I will go."

What is God asking of you?
Will you obey?
or will you make an excuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment