Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Maybe the Burden is Not so Heavy

Eating gluten-free can often be a burden.
There are not quick stops at BK or Mickey D's when hungry.
There are many turned down invitations for pizza.
Each outing must be carefully planned if food is to be involved.

But then there are times when the burden can be a blessing.
Since our family has learned how to cook for us,
they have been able to meet the needs of many of God's servants 
in need of a special diet.
Saturday, I will be able to minister to some of the bride's extended family
by making a gluten free pie for the reception.
At the end of the month,
I can provide a lodging place and meals for a gluten free bride
so that she has one less thing to think about during a busy week.
I may also be able to minister to the girl friend of one of the groomsman.

I am thankful for this burden.
I am thankful for those who took the time to teach me about the gf lifestyle.
I am thankful that I have a unique ministry in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment