Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Mother's Day Support

We have just come through Mother's Day weekend
and another birthday.
While the days are celebratory,
they also come with  a little heartache.
These are days that remind me that time is passing
and it has not been God's plan and design to give us children.

God has sent many along the path to shore us up.
4 out of 7 of our past pastor's wives have walked the road.
It was always a blessing to have at least one understanding look on the hard days
and to have sensitivity from the pulpit.

But this year, God sent even more.
He sent two ladies who had not just walked the road,
but were still walking the road.
They could truly walk beside me.
Isn't that a blessing?
We were even invited to share Mother's Day lunch with one of the families.

On this Thankful Thursday,
I am thankful for those ladies
and all of the ladies who encourage me
who walk with me
who remind me of the other joys of life
who can share truly empathetic tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment