Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Your Account

Not because I desire a gift: 
but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
Philippians 4:17

When we were married 17 years ago,
hubby was exhorted to make an effort to praise my efforts at home.
I was leaving the praise of students, of school parents, and of administrators
and some days would seem thankless.

While it is true,
homemaking does not always yield accolades and kudos in abundance,
hubby has faithfully noticed and mentioned the things that he appreciates about my work.
He even mentions when coworkers comment on the things that I am able to do for him.

The other day,
I received a card that mentioned appreciation for ministries that I have had in the past.
It was, of course, nice to hear.
It is nice to see how God can and will use anyone.
As I looked at the things mentioned,
I realized that many of those ministries that I have had would not be possible
without my husband.
I may have been the visible worker, but there was definitely a "support" staff.
Sometimes his hard work funds the ministries (cleaning supplies, bulletin board supplies, mailing costs).
His commitment to allowing me to be a homemaker gives me time for the ministries.
His flexibility and willingness to share my time multiples the efforts.
His encouragement (and sometimes ideas) and motivation keep some ministries on track.

So why mention this?

I don't know who reads this blog.
(Well I know some of you, but definitely not all.)
I don't know how you feel about your place and contribution to this world and particularly God's kingdom.
But sometimes the fruit and the reward are yours because of a supporting role.
You may not receive the accolades.
You may never hear praise or encouragement.
But you have served behind the scenes,
you have given when no one knew,
you have supported a key player,
and fruit is abounding to your account.

Be Encouraged!


No comments:

Post a Comment