Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Why Exercise?

 Exercise is a daily part of my life.
I actually dislike it.
It takes time.
It takes effort.
I feel sore the next day.
BUT ...
It strengthens me.
It builds my endurance.
It challenges me.
It reduces stress.
I gives me more energy.

It doesn't happen immediately.
For a while, I have to envision the results.
But then it surprises me.
One day I jog without being winded.
One day I lift something easily that used to be hard.
One day I see that muscle more distinctly.

After our bout with sickness last month,
we finally got back to running this week.
Hubby and I went out for our WOG.
I got my heart rate up and we enjoyed the sunshine together.
We look forward to building those lung and leg muscles again.

Faith is the same way.
It must be exercised in order to be strengthened.
And in much the same way, you wait to see the results.

Our trials have been relatively few,
but in recent days, we look back over nearly 20 years and see where the trials have yielded results.
I smile when I look at the gas reports and the last time gas prices were this high.
When?  July 2008 - right before we moved from WA to NC - 
to start school with no job lined up!
And God provided.

We have lived in a town, in a home, in a state that is designed for engineers, computer techs, and 2 income households for 3 years.
We can't really afford to live in Oregon.
BUT - God provided abundantly.

And today, the slow build of strength that these trials have yielded is seen as we face the future with more confidence than we might have in the past...
not confidence in ourselves, but confidence in our God.

And now we envision the increased strength that this move will provide.
More confidence in God.
More stories of miraculous provision (as we have already seen).

So maybe you have a trial before you ...
just remember that the trying of your faith is designed to produce fruit in your life.
God knows the timing, the situation, the trial ...
... and He is already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment