Pages

Monday, February 28, 2022

And So It Begins ... Again

 Might I say that I am a little tired of moving?
They say everything happens for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.
I hope the next season is a little longer.
We certainly are wanting to call our next home a "forever home,"
while knowing that this may not be where God wants us to end our race.
I packed 4 boxes today.
I pulled the box from storage, 
read the label,
and filled it just as I did 3 years ago.
A little de ja vus going on.
It is all part of the process, but it is easy to look longingly at those who live in one house for years upon years.
And yet, I have experienced so many places and know so many people around America and the world
and have so many "reasons" as to why each move was necessary.


I was strangely absent last week because I was involved with some online research.
In order to get the information that I was looking for and to comparison shop,
I had to receive phone calls from dozens - yes dozens - of people.
I think that I met my quota of phone calls for the month, maybe 2 months.
But decisions have been made and now hopefully things will slow down.

I asked our builder about a closing date.
They are still holding to June/July,
but they are actually hoping for the end of May.
As soon as the drywall is up, they will have a better guess.

This week's menu includes many simple dishes which will incorporate some pantry staples to be eaten up
as well as some "cheapy" meals while we save for the big trip.

Sunday:  Grilled Veggie and Hummus Sandwiches
Monday:  Minestrone and Brown Rolls
Tuesday:  Beans and Rice
Wednesday:  Breakfast for Dinner (Egg, Sausage, Rice Casserole)
Thursday:  Chicken Pot Pie
Friday:  Fish and French Fries
Saturday:  Chef Salads



No comments:

Post a Comment