Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Where Did It Go?

I am sure that you have noticed it over the years. 
Out goes the Halloween trash and in comes the Christmas trimmings. 
The one display of Thanksgiving/Fall decorations and treats are already 50% off on November 1. 
Yes, it has been going on for awhile. 
Thanksgiving ... the forgotten holiday. 
And yet, it used to be relegated to the commercial scene
and I could understand (though not approve) of that. 
Hubby and I were out a week ago and we noticed icicle lights,
Christmas trees, and wreaths adorning the houses around us ...
... 2 weeks before Thanksgiving?!?!

It is absurd and sad to me to miss a holiday focused on being thankful. 
My flesh easily chooses the path of covetousness
and I like and need the reminder to focus on what I have been given.

Society in general has forgotten to be thankful. 
The writer of Romans described the most evil of societies in Romans chapter 1
and it all began with unthankful hearts.

Romans 1:21
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God,
neither were thankful;
 but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 

I trust that you are not overlooking this precious time of year.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment