Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Winding Down


We had our first good frost on Friday morning.  That finished off the beans, the tomatoes, and the cucumber plants.  That leaves some root vegetables (carrots and beets), kale and peas.  I got all the withered plants cleaned up, mulched, and buried on Friday afternoon before a BEAUTIFUL weekend.  It is hard to believe that in only 3 more months I will be planting again.  I am hoping that our rain today knocks down some more leaves so that we can get the yard cleaned up one last time before Thanksgiving, but I am not holding my breath!

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I'm looking forward to seeing my sister and brother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected to read "my favorite sister and one of two favorite brothers-in-law." I guess I have lost my status :) We are looking forward to the trip as well and pumping the Airborne!

      Delete