Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Strange Feeling

It is funny the way that life twists and turns.
When I look around at my home, my pantry, my yard, my calendar,
it is odd to see how my life, my tastes and my priorities have changed.

I once imagined a home full of children - about 20 boys.
My home is typically pretty quiet with only the occasional young guest. 

At one point, I imagined my home in the "Victorian" style -
deep greens, burgundies, and florals.
Now - more of a lodge coloring with more rustic accents.

My pantry, once filled with sugared cereals, processed white flours, and chocolate,
now home to gluten-free food, non gmos, organic this, and natural that.
I still get my fair share of sugar, but am more conscious than I ever imagined.

Hubby has been weaning me off of microwave use,
and last month I got rid of it completely.
I never would have imagined that!

At the beginning of the week,
I mentioned looking for a natural deodorant recipe.
My interest was peeked when a friend bought some at a farmer's market.
It was labeled as coconut and tea tree oil.
The proprietors said that the other ingredients were baking soda and cornstarch.
I had all those ingredients!

After finding the recipe on Pinterest,
I made a batch and have been using it all week.
Wow!
I feel like a "granola" with homemade deodorant,
but it really works for more than 24 hours, even in the southern heat.

2 comments:

  1. Would you share the deodorant recipe? Could you substitute lavender for tea tree oil? I've thought about it, but hadn't gotten much farther! I've found a more natural brand I like at Wegman's, but would love to have some cheaper. Have a great weekend. -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A link has been added to the recipe - I can't believe how it works! Hope you enjoy. You weren't the only one looking for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete