Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Do You Need Some Exercise?

There are some folks who think that I LOVE exercise.
I do not like the process, and the soreness the next day,
but I do appreciate the results.
I like to have toned muscles.
I like to fit in everyday clothes.  
I like to be able to work beside my hubby.
I like to be able to do the work around my home and gardens.

While reading through Proverbs this week, 
I was reminded of another strength that I should be developing.
These are traits of the truly strong woman.

Proverbs 16:32 
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; 
and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

... slow to anger
... ruling my spirit

How often do I fly off the handle?
Usually when things are not going as I planned.
My selfishness and pride show my weakness.

Do I rule my spirit?
The sin nature wants to rule my spirit.
It wants me to get angry,
to be lazy,
to covet,
to speak ill of others ... .

I want to be a strong woman - 
physically and spiritually.
So I must bring my weakness to the Savior
who can help me control my temper
and rule my spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Physical exercise sure is easier than exercising to rule my spirit. But the spirit exercise is of greater value. Good post!

    ReplyDelete