Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

DIY ... Deodorant and Creamer

Coconut and Tea Tree Deodorant

1/4 c baking soda
1/3 c cornstarch
1/4 tsp tea tree oil
1-4 T coconut oil

Mix in small container.
Apply with fingers, allow heat to melt.
The tea tree is an antiseptic - Eucalyptus also has this characteristic.
I added about 10 drops of other essential oil as well.
The grade of coconut oil will affect how strong the coconut smell is.
Citrus oils would also be a good addition.

*note* hubby says it is like applying icing to your arm pits



Pumpkin Spice Creamer

Blend in blender
2 c milk (I used soy, but plan to use coconut or almond milk next)
3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (not as sweet as we like, so I used sugar the 2nd time)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, dash of ginger)

Store in fridge - good as long as the milk is good.
You could also use cream or 1/2 and 1/2 - but I try to go dairy-free.

I am experimenting using this in coffee treats.
I have frozen some in ice cube trays.
I want to blend it in cold coffee to see if I can get near to a frappuccino.
I may also lighten up on the cloves - they are a little strong.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipes. Having just made some frosting today your hubby's comment on the homemade deoderant was well understood!! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete