Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Streamline

Does it seem like the longer you live in one location,
the busier you get?
It seems that way for me.
Periodically, hubby and I evaluate our schedule to decide if something(s) need to go.
It is hard to quit or shed "ministry" opportunities.
I have decided to give menu planning/freezer cooking a try. 
By streamlining dinner, I hope to free time for ministry 
while staying away from Chick-fil-A for dinner 
or hot dogs and french fries once or twice a week.
I also hope to be more flexible without sacrificing my health or that of hubby 
and to be one of those women who is seemingly unflappable 
(not currently a description I would say applies).
Many of the meals thaw one day and go in the crockpot the day of the meal.

I spent some time Thursday setting up a calendar, menu, and shopping list.
Friday I shopped for the recipes.
Saturday I spent about 5 hours and put 22 dinners in the Freezer!
I began at about 10 and worked for 3 hours on chicken and pork and stew meat recipes.


At about 1, I baked hubby a pumpkin pie.
From 1:30-3, I worked on the ground beef recipes.
Clean-up from 3-3:30 (as well as along the way) and the work was done.
Meals for the rest of the month and about 8 or 9 for October.

I was pleased with the process and hope I am as pleased with the recipes I chose.

Sesame/Honey Chicken x 3
Lasagna x 2
Chicken Taco meat x 2
4 Hamburger Patties x 2
Beef Fajitas x 2
Plain Meatballs x 1
3 Pork Loins for Italian Pork
1 lb of chicken to grill
1 lb of hamburger for Cheeseburger Pie
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Homemade Zesty Italian Seasoning

I will update with printed recipes and/or links as I try each meal.
If it is successful, it will also be a stress-free way to provide meals for others ...
all bagged and ready to go!
I plan to work on meals for the first week of October next week ...
... because ...
our church is involved in the fair ministry for 11 days (9/26-10/6).
Most weekdays I will be at the fair from 4-6:30 and do not want my diet to suffer!

No comments:

Post a Comment