Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

More Simple Pleasures

I am enjoying these orchids,
a gift from some church friends.


I am thankful for their uniqueness,
the bright color,
and the oxygen they provide.



I am also thankful for the new border on the front flower bed.
I have been eyeing these borders for years, but it was never a spending priority.
Then a church family offered me this one.
It was the perfect length for the front bed - 
Woo Hoo!
I installed it on Tuesday.
So happy for the clear edging - it will be so much easier to keep neat and trim.

I am also thankful that my new vegetable garden is taking shape.
It was a garden before, but had grown over in the 10 months that the house sat empty.
So far it is about 2/3 of the original size.
You can tell it was worked before, or the freshly turned earth would be red clay.
The tarps are down to kill the grass/weeds beneath.
I wanted to prepare it this fall, so that we can feed it compost and leaves this winter.
I may stick some pole beans in early next week for fall harvesting.





No comments:

Post a Comment