Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

By Degrees

For those who have been praying for my rehab progress ... thank you!
The prayers are working.

 I am one-week post cast removal.
I mentioned that day one was a big discouragement.
There was a daunting task before me.
Could I progress without professional therapy?
Would YouTube really be enough?

Hubby and I set a mark.
If I wasn't improving by Thanksgiving,
we would make an appointment at PT.

One lady on YouTube encouraged me over the weekend.
She documented her progress for the first two weeks post-cast.
And ... she showed her progress in one year.
She documented all of the exercises that I was doing
and suggested an app.

The app was a CLINOMETER!


Now I can monitor my progress ... by degrees.
My goal is to get to 90 degrees of flexion and extension.

So far the greatest flexion (palm down) I have seen is 60 degrees.
And the greatest extension (palm up) is 25 degrees.
The swelling continues to go down.
AND ... I did a weight workout with 2 lb weights today!
I also practiced on the organ on Sunday afternoon and plan to accompany the service Sunday am!

No comments:

Post a Comment