Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Forum: Strength and Encouragement

Should not be a hard question today ...

What is your go-to verse for strength and encouragement?

Here are mine:

Hebrews 4:14-16
 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, 
Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; 
but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, 
and find grace to help in time of need.

 II Timothy 1:7 
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

6 comments:

  1. 2 Peter 1:2-4
    I like your 2 Timothy passage, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "peace ... his divine power ... exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature ..." Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I don't know that I have a go-to verse, but I like Joshua 1:9, Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, Phil. 1:6, & II Timothy 1:12.
    Psalm 2 when situations are out of my control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be strong and of a good courage; ... Fear God, and keep his commandments: ... For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. ... he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: ... for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

      The Ecclesiastes verse is one of hubby's favorites. One of my favorite hymns is based on II Timothy 1:12 - always an encouragement.

      Delete
  3. When I think of a ministry “go-to” verse, I think of those passages that encourage me to keep going when I want to quit. Those verses that correct my focus and the placement of my faith. These are some I meditate upon in times like that.

    Needing Direction (what am I supposed to do): Psalm 37:4
    When I need Endurance (emotional overload): Psalm 27:13-14, Psalm 61:2
    When I need to Conquer fear in soul-winning: Matt 28:19-20
    When I foolishly want the skills or abilities of others: 2 Cor 12:9-10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delight ... Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. ... Go ... sufficient grace ...

      Thanks

      Delete