Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Forum: Thanksgiving (Part I)

Thanksgiving used to be very predictable for me.
There was always a trip to western NY
and a large dinner with one side of the family or the other.
There were homemade rolls on both sides
and oodles of pies!


Once I went away to school,
the event changed.
Dinner on campus with "dressing" instead of stuffing,
dinner out - Ryans or Dennys,
dinner with navy coworkers,
dinner with church family ...

As I have prepared meals for others,
I often ask them what would make it seem more "like home."

One year I made baked corn (or corn pudding) for a PA native.
This year it is sweet potato casserole with coconuts and pecans on top for a college student.

Hubby likes his cranberry sauce.
I love STUFFING and squash!
Don't forget the pumpkin pie!

What is your favorite Thanksgiving treat?

5 comments:

  1. Could not choose one! I like it ALL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make several of the treats throughout the year (such as candied sweet potatoes, turkey, stuffing, rolls and pies), so those are probably my favorites. It probably depends on what type of mood I am in, because right now, a nice juicy slice of turkey with salt and pepper sounds delicious. Most of the time, lemon meringue and chocolate pudding pies (sometimes with meringue) are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't agree on the meringue, but that is probably because my first and only attempt was a dismal failure :)

      Delete
    2. Mine weren't what you would call dismal failures, but they weren't very good, either. Jen does it well, and I have gotten better.

      Delete