Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps

I was apprehensive about this new recipe in the emeal plan sent to me.
I love PF Changs lettuce wraps.
Would it be as good?

It was delicious,
and better still - hubby was impressed.

The plan served the meal with Sesame Steamed Broccoli
and that was AWESOME too!

Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps

2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb ground turkey
1/4 c soy sauce
1 Tbsp Thai chili paste (I couldn't find this so I used Thai chili sauce)
2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped.
Lettuce leaves

Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat.
Add onion and garlic.  Cook until brown.
Stir in turkey, soy sauce, chili paste.
Cook until turkey is brown - stir to crumble.
Stir in basil.

Separate lettuce leaves and fill leaves with turkey mixture.

I think I will add some cooked rice next time to stretch it a little more.
It really has GREAT flavor.
We drizzled it with some chili oil as well - YUM!

Menu Plan this week:
Mon. - Italian Pork Chops
Tues. - Herb Roasted Chicken
Wed. - Egg/Sausage Scramble
Thurs. - Turkey
Fri. - Pizza or Leftovers

2 comments:

  1. Just made the Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps, and they got ***** (5 stars) at our house. Now if I could figure out how PF Changs cut their lettuce. I think cutting the lettuce was the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete