Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Where Do You Run?

Proverbs 18:10 
The name of the LORD is a strong tower: 
the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

The portion of Psalm 119 that I have been reading this week
along with this Proverb have been a real blessing.
God certainly knows what I need and when I need it.

As a woman, I often seek to run.
I run from stress.
I run from confrontation.
I want to run from difficulty.

But where?
As a child, it was to dad or mom.
They could fix the problem,
fight the foe,
adjust the perspective.
Now I want to run to hubby.
His shoulders are strong enough to carry the burden.

But the righteous run to the Lord.
He is the strong tower, the refuge, the place of safety.

I feel like I am in a gulf coast hurricane season this year - 
one struggle, one storm, one flood to another.
But the storms have also led me to pray as I never have before.

How about you?
Are you running to man?
or running to the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment